I previously posted an article on installing synergy on multiple operating systems. If you don’t know what synergy is, you may want to proceed over here and take a look. It is a keyboard mouse sharing via network, simply put. This article deals with the problems that frequently/occasionally occur on getting synergy working.
Ever wanted to use a single keyboard and mouse to control all your computers? Yes! Time to ditch Dual and triple Monitor, boring single OS computers! Yes , Now it’s time for multi-system unified desktops.
Enter the Synergy – http://synergy-foss.org/
Supposed to be a complex, yet is a walk in the park. Let us find out how awesome it is!
Purpose of this guide is to get synergy up and running in a quick way across three major operating systems. Synergy is running flawlessly for over than 3 months on my 3 systems. Way to go , Developers. Thank you.
- Install Synergy2 in three of the major operating systems
- Windows (7)
- Mac OS X(Leopard)
- Ubuntu Linux (10.04)
- Switch the client and server configurations and experiment.
- Auto start the synergy2 at boot (or at GUI login) in all Operating systems.
- Logically configuring the synergy to work flawlessly in Dual and triple monitor systems.
Browse through this guide
- Planning your Monitor setup (choosing clients and a server).
- Setup in Windows 7 (Client and server)
- Setup in Mac OS X (Client and server)
- Setup in Ubuntu Linux (Client and server)
- Some example configurations
- Tips and troubleshooting synergy.
- The Unity (aka The Happily Ever After)
I will walk you through all the steps except the last one.
Browse through the following pages to learn more about this tool.
Dual boot OSX and Windows 7 in Sony VAIO VGN FW250J with full resolution:
This article may be obsolete, but still is useful for reference. This Document is available in Google Docs.
Obviously you need ,
- A PC
- Mac OS X Leopard License
- Installation disc or USBstick you made or from web
- Maybe caffiene and definitely lots of patience.
Update: iPhone 3.1.2(7D11) is out.
iPhone OS version 2.0 is out. lets look at the upgrade procedure.
Be careful when you select the device (2G , 3G , 3GS).
Also make sure the file name is correct.
firmware for iPhone (2g) : iPhone1,1_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw