Update: iPhone 3.1.2(7D11) is out.
iPhone OS version 2.0 is out. lets look at the upgrade procedure.
Be careful when you select the device (2G , 3G , 3GS).
Also make sure the file name is correct.
firmware for iPhone (2g) : iPhone1,1_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw
firmware for iPhone (3g):iPhone1,2_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw
PC or a Mac.
Working stable WiFi connection
Download blackra1n: http://blackra1n.com/
Download the correct Firmware:
Download the exact firmware for your device from felixbruns.de (All credits goes to him)
make sure file name matches.
Now open iTunes, on the iPhone properties press SHIFT key + restore button. (ALT+OPTION key + restore button in Mac)
- After restoration is complete, run blackra1n .
- Press make it rain.
- iPhone should show picture of geohot in few moments, then it will reboot.
- Now your iphone 3.1.2 is jailbroken.
Run blackra1n application on your homescreen.
- install cydia.
- run cydia, let it update.
- now search for bootneuter.
- Install bootneuter app available from Bigboss repository.
- Restart your iPhone.
- Bootneuter app starts and turn on the Neuter under bootloader.
- turn on unlock under Baseband section.
Finished.Now switch your SIM and yes , it is Unlocked.